Big ideas for a better world
Explained clearly, confidently and with a few small surprises
- Big ideas for a better world Bring to life what our instruments and solutions enable our customers to do, vividly and memorably.
- Explained clearly, confidently and credibly Focus on what’s most important, not on trying to say everything. And write in a direct, active, human voice – more like we naturally speak.
- …and with a few small surprises It’s more memorable – and more enjoyable – if there’s an occasional unexpected moment: something to catch our reader’s eye and raise a smile.
What does that look like?
Less like this …
- Dry, corporate language.
- Focusses on processes.
- About us, not our customers.
… and more like this
- Inspiring and energetic.
- Outward-looking: about the world and our customers.
- Shows how people are important ("I can see myself working there").
- Natural, speech-like language.
Using this guide
Over the next few pages, we’ll break down the specific practical techniques that will help you do this yourself. But first, skim the ‘before and after’ section to see more examples.